ASCII Insight: Women In Tech – How To Thrive In A Male-Dominated Industry
In our ongoing quest to provide you with the best business advice possible, we’ve partnered with The ASCII Group and their members who are going to share their thoughts on timely topics or best business practices. In this article, the following ASCII member answered our questions about the unique challenges (and how to overcome them) that come with being a woman in a traditionally male-dominated industry:
- Kim Nielsen, CEO and Founder, Computer Technologies, Inc.
- Tam Nguyen, Marketing Manager, AvTek Solutions, Inc.
- Keri Bush, Account Manager, Yes Tech
- Zina Hassel, CEO and President, ZLH Enterprises
- Dawn Sizer, CEO, 3rd Element Consulting
- Lynette Furr, CEO, iCare Technology Geeks, Inc.
Q: What do you love about working in tech?
Nielsen: I love that the industry is ever-changing, and you are always learning new things. I also love helping small business owners reach their business objectives with technology. It can be a great challenge to come up with a great solution that solves a business issue/problem/goal. For someone like me that can’t sit still, it’s a great industry.
Tan: I love working in tech because it’s an ever-changing industry that continues to challenge all in keeping up to date in knowledge and learning.
Get unlimited access to:
Enter your credentials below to log in. Not yet a member of MSPinsights? Subscribe today.