- D&H Increases Focus on Hybrid Data Center & Edge Computing,
- Helping Partners Outfit the Evolving Workplace
D&H Distributing, a major provider of SMB, mid-market, and consumer technologies to the North American channel, announces the launch of its new Modern Solutions Business Unit, designed to help channel partners develop practices and create solutions in transformative technology categories including hybrid-based business applications, infrastructure, collaboration, and security.
The Modern Solutions Business Unit will support the design and deployment of end-to-end solutions based on how partners want to deliver—and how their end-customers want to consume—these technologies. This go-to-market model “knocks down the walls of traditional distribution business units,” according to D&H’s Vice President of Modern Solutions Jason Bystrak, revitalizing how D&H’s channel partners will deliver technology based on trends like XaaS, hybrid cloud and remote collaborative environments, and the use of DaaS-based device suites.
As part of this new approach to configuring, selling, and deploying solutions, D&H has aligned a team of experts to support all hardware, software, services, and components sales, applying flexible delivery and financing models incorporating cloud, hybrid, managed services, and XaaS options. This strategy will customize the delivery of these offerings, reflecting how new, modern business environments utilize technology. The goal is to help partners rise to the challenges of the changing workplace, where cloud-based and hybrid infrastructures combine with new XaaS-based consumption models, requiring a sophisticated breadth of technical expertise and product knowledge.
D&H’s Modern Solutions Business Unit is ramping-up a new focus on data center solutions, which has become a huge area of opportunity for D&H partners. This practice area builds on a basic data center practice D&H has been developing over the course of the past year. The scope of the global data center market was estimated at $215.8B (US) in 2021, according to a report by research firm Arizton, and is projected to grow to $288.3B by 2027.
D&H’s Modern Solutions practice will revolve around the following technology categories:
- Modern Applications: Will accommodate trends like software moving to SaaS models and the transition from ongoing licensing to subscription-based purchasing. This encompasses D&H vendors like Microsoft, Google, AvePoint, BitTitan, SkyKick, airSlate, Corel, and Opsgility.
- Modern Infrastructure: Addresses growth in IaaS, consumption-based payment models, edge computing, and modernization/migration to cloud. This involves D&H vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Cameyo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), CloudCheckr, and Nerdio.
- Modern Collaboration: Addresses trends like the hybrid office, telecom convergence, and “Work From Anywhere” including via mobile and hybrid meeting rooms. Vendors include Avaya, Cisco, Dropbox, Intermedia, Jabra, Logitech, Neat, Lenovo, Nextiva, RingCentral, and Yealink.
- Modern Security: Addresses the market’s move toward SaaS cyber security and the MSP’s migration to MSSP models. Vendors include Cisco, ConnectWise, ESET, Microsoft, Proofpoint, SonicWall, Sophos, Vade Secure, and Webroot.
The D&H Cisco Business Unit will also be integrated into the new Modern Solutions Business Unit as part of these changes. This will position Cisco’s wide portfolio of products through Modern Solutions categories while maintaining the proven structure of the Cisco Business Unit for D&H Cisco partners.
These offerings create a compelling option for channel partners looking to accommodate the wide-ranging requirements of the new hybrid workplace, which typically include collocated offices, distributed team members, and complex remote environments incorporating more flexible workplace trends like hot-desking and rotating work-from-home schedules.
“The convergence of mobile devices, high-speed connectivity, and virtualization have enabled comprehensive cloud computing for businesses, shifting the burden of managing all this technology to managed service providers, VARs, and MSSPs,” said D&H’s Bystrak. “The role of the solution provider continues to evolve, giving them more responsibility as unique consumption models like XaaS create new challenges. D&H formed the Modern Solutions Business Unit to provide bespoke solutions, services, and go-to-market support to help these partners address market developments and profitably meet customer demand in a complicated, high-tech landscape.”
Strengthening Leadership Around Modern Solutions
The distributor has invested in new personnel to support the growth of practice areas under the Modern Solutions umbrella.
- To lead D&H’s sales organization in the Modern Infrastructure category, the company welcomes Earl Greer as its new sales director of modern infrastructure. Earl brings more than 40 years of experience in the high-tech industry, having held leadership roles with powerhouse companies including Connection, PCM, En Pointe, and IBM.
- Greer will work alongside long-time D&H leader Damon Kegerise, who will oversee vendor management and technical enablement as director of modern infrastructure.
- D&H has recruited channel veteran Adam Crockett as senior director of professional services and has added more team members to its professional services practice to scale-up that offering as more partners take advantage.
- D&H professional services director Tiffany Ward will work with Crockett to lead sales and expand her role to oversee the D&H XaaS program and Google partnership.
- D&H’s Ryan Flynn has been appointed director of modern security and applications to strengthen leadership in both of these practice areas. John Flynn has been named practice manager, modern collaboration. Nathan Hatalla will serve as practice manager, managed services. All are long-time leaders on the distributor’s Cloud Solutions team.
D&H’s Modern Solutions offering will have a major presence at the Mid-Atlantic Hershey THREAD partner event, taking place June 15, 2022, in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Interested parties can email ModernApplications@dandh.com, ModernInfrastructure@dandh.com, ModernCollaboration@dandh.com, ModernSecurity@dandh.com.
About D&H Distributing
D&H Distributing supports resellers and MSP partners in the corporate, small-to-midsize business, consumer, education, and government markets with endpoints and advanced technologies, as well as differentiated services. D&H is ready to fill new market needs created by consolidation in the marketplace. Now in its 104th year, its vendors and partners can be confident in its ability to provide a wealth of enablement resources, multi-market expertise, credit options, and consultative services. D&H is agile in response to the needs of its VAR and MSP partners, demonstrating resilience through decades of industry mergers and market disruption, overcoming everything from wars and recessions to pandemics.
The company works to expand the competencies of its partners in areas such as cloud services, ProAV, collaboration, UCC, mobility, esports, digital displays, smart home automation, video surveillance, digital imaging, and server networks across a range of markets. Its value proposition includes highly lauded training opportunities and partner engagement events, dedicated Solutions Specialists, certifications, professional marketing resources, and an expanding digital Cloud Marketplace.
For more information, visit www.dandh.com.