PassMark Software® conducted objective performance testing on nine (9) security software products, on Windows 10 (64-bit) during February-March 2019. This report presents our results and findings as a result of performance benchmark testing conducted for these endpoint security products.
The aim of this benchmark was to compare the performance impact of Webroot’s SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection product with eight (8) competitor products.
Testing was performed on all products using fifteen (15) performance metrics. These performance metrics are as follows.
- Installation Time;
- Installation Size;
- Boot Time;
- CPU Usage during Idle;
- CPU Usage during Scan;
- Memory Usage during System Idle;
- Memory Usage during Initial Scan;
- Memory Usage during Scheduled Scan;
- On-Demand Scan Time;
- Scheduled Scan Time;
- Browse Time;
- File Copy, Move, and Delete;
- File Compression and Decompression;
- File Write, Open, and Close; and
- Network Throughput