With the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) set to be implemented in May 2018, IT consultants and managed services providers (MSPs) have been wondering how the new law will affect them. In many cases, the IT press has treated this new regulation with a mixture of panic and consternation. It certainly makes sense—it’s a new law that requires organizations to step up on their security measures or face potentially hefty fines.
In this paper, we’ll cover some key aspects of GDPR and how they apply to MSPs. We’ll talk about some of the challenges ahead and, hopefully, allay some of the fears you might have about how to approach it in your business.
Key Information about GDPR:
- Increased Fines
- Clear, Explicit Consent for Data Usage in Marketing
- 72-hour Data Breach Notification for Data Controllers
- Expanded Geographical Coverage
- Shared Liability
- Right to Erasure, One of the Enhanced Rights of a Data Subject
- Streamlined Data Legislation
- Data Transfer Security
- GDPR Enforcement
- Universal Penalties